Now to the good stuff.
I love marshmallows and I love caramel popcorn. This recipe came about due to an intense craving, and a need to make a quick version of all the made-from-scratch marshmallow caramel popcorn recipes I had found online! When I have a craving, the last thing I want to do is fuss about with popping popcorn, making caramel, blah blah blah.
Here is a very simple recipe which only has THREE INGREDIENTS! I know. Three ingredients, who would've thought. Let's get on with it, shall we?
- 2 x 125gr packets of Cob's 'I Love Caramel' popcorn (or, your favourite caramel popcorn)
- 1 x 125gr packet of white marshmallows (I use Pascall's, you can use whatever colour/flavour you like, to be fairly honest!)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (don't use margarine.. that's just mean to yourself.)
- Grease baking dish, add in your packets of caramel popcorn and set aside. You could also use baking paper to line the baking dish, just don't use nothing like I did!
- On a low-medium heat, place butter in a saucepan and start to melt
- When the butter is half melted, add in your marshmallows.
- Stir, stir, stir, stir that butter and marshmallow mix, until all the marshmallows and the butter are deliciously melted and combined
- Pour marshmallow mix over popcorn. Stare at the glory that has become marshmallow caramel popcorn!
You can then eat it while it's all warm and gooey, or pop it in the fridge for an hour or so to firm up. Cut into sections, or just break it up. DANG IT IS GLORIOUS! I'm not going to lie, I ate the whole tray.. save for about a tiny square that I gave my boyfriend (oops, sorry my love!)
It is delicious, it is addictive, and it's oh so very easy. I will be making this again when December hits, and I am thinking of doing a few variations! Crushed up candy canes, dark chocolate chips, pretzels.. the possibilities are endless!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!