I honestly cannot believe we are in March ALREADY. As much as I am loving that Autumn is here (well, at least on its way!) I am so surprised at how fast this year has gone already. There's been a few exciting things happen this year so far; weddings (not me), pregnancies (not me), hair chop (totally me), new booties (me again!), booked a trip to Hawaii for May (definitely me!) and it is really shaping up to be a great year!
I have put a few things on my "to do" list this year, both on a personal level and on a fun-stuff-I-wanna-do level. Mostly the latter. Now that we are in March, I have called my fun list "10 things to do in 10 months!" and maybe, some of the stuff won't seem so fun, but each to their own
- Make Pasta from scratch. Flour, eggs, water, the whole kit and caboodle. I must!
- Make my own sourdough starter. I am in love with sourdough bread, I especially love Sonoma bakery's and Bill's Organic. But I also love baking, and I love our bread machine, so why not make my own!
- Lose 10kgs. Because last year, Oktoberfest got a little out of hand (and far too jiggly for my liking!) If I happen to lose more, great. But I am not going to extremes here.
- Make a pie from scratch! I haven't decided whether I want savoury or sweet, but I've never made a pie crust before and I think it's about time I did. And, my boyfriend loves pies so that's some extra girlfriend points right there!
- Knit something. ANYTHING. I've started 2 scarves over the last probably 5 years and finished either of them. Time to sort that shit out. I will start from scratch and get myself some nice wool!
- Perfect sweet potato (baked) fries. You guys, I can never get these suckers crispy, no matter how much I soak them. It's time to get answers!
- Do the Bondi to Coogee walk. I've lived in Sydney city for the past 6 years, and I've never done it. I want to! I just need to not be lazy.
- Have a white Christmas. Which will mean all of my dreams have come true! Ahahahaha! This is definitely in the works for 2015, however, we just need to decide whether it's Canada or Europe (would love to hear any recommendations!!)
- Conquer a fear. Take your pick. I hate cockroaches, don't exactly like lizards, am quite afraid of heights and have been pondering a career change for a while now but am pretty chicken. I have no idea which one I will conquer, but as long as I do one, that'll make me happy.
- Read a new book every month. I have so many books in my bookshelf waiting to be read. Instead, sometimes I re-read my old favourites. Not anymore! It's time to whittle down that "to read" stack.
On a personal note, this year I just want to be a better person. A better partner, a better friend, a better daughter, a better Aunty. I want to take more time to enjoy each day, rather than wishing it away for the weekend. I want to make more great memories. I'm going to listen and put myself out there more - I can be quite closed off at times, which I know can come off as me not caring. I also get a little awkward when it comes to sharing personal things, so can inadvertently be a little blunt. Hopefully, by opening myself up and putting myself out there, that will change, even if it's just a little bit for now.
It's good to be back!